Never Met a Kathleen I Didn't Like #SOL16

I've never met a Kathleen I didn't like. There is a special Kathleen I know who has a generous nature, a hearty laugh, the ability to find the greatest children's books I've never heard of. She's good at crafts, from all those Girls Scout days. She taught me how to use a glue gun. She knows her way around an iPad and pushed me to learn new types of technology. She is a gifted teacher, the one the kids will always remember, will think about when asked to name their favorite teacher. She was a treasured colleague who brought light and innovation. We are no longer Kathleens across the hall, but friendship has never really been about geography.

Last year, Kathleen gave me a box of quotes. Each one is a gift to me, as she has been a gift to me, too. Tonight, I pulled out the quotes and these are the ones that spoke to my heart:

"Every day of our lives we are on the verge of making those slight changes 
that would make all the difference."
-Mignon McLaughlin

"The place you are in needs you today."
-Katherine Logan

"Life has taught me one supreme lesson. This is that we must- if we are to really live- we must put our convictions into action."
-Margaret Sanger

"Every accomplishment begins with a decision to try."
-Edward T. Kelly

"Renew your passions daily."
-Terri Guillemets

"As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way."
-Mary Anne Radmacher

"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder."
-E.B. White

"If you do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected happens."
-Fay Weldon

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
-Ruth Ann Schabacker

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
-William James

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
-J.M. Barrie

Thanks for bringing the sunshine, Kathleen. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SOL16 Lesson From Piper

A Working Mom's "I am" Poem #sol15 Day 16

#SOL16 Ditch the Dojo?