#SOL16 Day 2 Decoration Decisions






One of my favorite things to do is decorate for the current holiday. From late September to March or April, there is always something to celebrate. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter are the holidays where I can hang decorations in the window and put festive objects throughout the house! Late spring and summer usually mean red, white and blue decorations on the door for Memorial Day and 4th of July, but nothing taped in the windows or decoration otherwise displayed on a coffee table. 
This year, March has presented me with a problem! St. Patrick's Day is on March 17th, as always, but Easter is early this year, on March 27th. That means there would only be 10 days out of the whole year to enjoy my Easter decorations. They are among my favorites! This morning, I had a lightbulb, Oprah Aha! moment. Why not put out BOTH St. Patrick's Day and Easter decorations at the same time? Why not enjoy them for the whole month of March? It felt a little wrong to not let St. Patrick's Day have its' moment in the sun, but when I thought of my brightly colored plastic eggs, my Lenox basket with the delicate rabbits, my Easter egg electric candles that were a gift from my Grandma...I decided the right thing to do would be to let St. Patrick's Day and Easter share March. 
Green carnations and bunny rabbits and chicks can coexist in a vase. Decorations in harmony- decision made. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SOL16 Lesson From Piper

A Working Mom's "I am" Poem #sol15 Day 16

#SOL16 Ditch the Dojo?