Farewell Letter to Students #sol
June 25th is the last day of school. Final grades, report cards, literacy profiles, organizing, and packing up the room are some of the essential "to-do's." As I embark on starting and completing these tasks, I don't want to lose sight of bringing a sense of joyful closure to my community of third graders. I want them to feel good about our year and our work together and I want to leave them with the lasting idea that they are all important and special. I have gifts for them. I asked each student to come up with a positive word or trait to describe each classmate. Then, I compiled the words to make a special word cloud for each student, using Tagxedo to create different shapes. I bought frames to finish the project. (Thanks to Pinterest for the inspiration) I also purchased a book for each student as a gift. Deb Pilutti, author of Ten Rules of Being a Superhero , was kind enough to donate awesome Superhero bookmarks, which I will wrap with each book...


Comments
Post a Comment