How Lucky I Am To Be A Teacher #SOL17

How lucky I am to be a teacher.

How lucky to have a job where each year, I get a clean slate and a fresh start.

How lucky to have a job where I can restore my energy each summer, enjoying precious moments of time with my own children.

How lucky to have a job where I walk into an empty classroom and then make it come alive with the special touches I bring.

How lucky to have a job where I get to know children from all cultures and backgrounds and ability levels. How much there is to learn from all of them.

How lucky to have a job where I can dance and laugh, be silly and wacky.

How lucky I am to read aloud stories that captivate the hearts and minds of young people each day.

How lucky I am to share my passion for writing and help young students believe there is a writer in them, too. Their words are worth sharing.

How lucky I am to share my own struggles and mistakes and let students know that there is no learning without taking risks, falling down, and getting back up again.

How lucky I am to be in a community of educators who give of themselves, share generously, and make a difference each day.

How lucky I am to make a living doing my dream job.

How lucky I am to be a teacher.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SOL16 Lesson From Piper

A Working Mom's "I am" Poem #sol15 Day 16

#SOL16 Ditch the Dojo?