To Every Season, Turn, Turn #SOL15





        Click on the link for my summer family photo montage! Summer Memories





"To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time to every purpose
under heaven."

And so another summer ends, unofficially with Labor Day and the start of school.  It feels like just the other day I was posting about hellos and goodbyes as the school year was ending and I was joining the team at Two Writing Teachers. Now, summer is gone and a new school year beckons.  

I will miss the easy pace of summer, the smell of coconut suntan lotion and the salty spray of the ocean on my lips. The barbecues and ketchup and hamburger smell filling the neighborhoods. The alarm clock-less days, flip flops, and leisurely time with my family.  

I will not miss the mosquitoes.  

Autumn is my favorite season.  Tonight I dream of pumpkins, a chill in the air, red, gold, and brown leaves drifting to the ground. Hayrides. Candy apples. Hoodies and soft sweaters.  Pumpkin flavored everything, especially lattes! Scarecrows and corn mazes. Decorations in windows again. The cozy, happy special family days: birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving.  I dream of classrooms humming with routines well-practiced, the get-to-know you first days of September a memory.  

Every season has its' story, its' purpose. I celebrate the end of a delicious summer and eagerly anticipate the promise of a glorious autumn. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SOL16 Lesson From Piper

A Working Mom's "I am" Poem #sol15 Day 16

#SOL16 Ditch the Dojo?