Day 10 Clouds Got In My Way #SOL17

Rows and flows of angel hair 
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done 
But clouds got in my way
-"Both Sides Now"
Joni Mitchell


Born in 1979 and a kid in the 80's, a record player was how I first knew about music. My dad had lots of records and many nights, he would play them. I got to know the Grease soundtrack, Dolly Parton, and more this way. The record that stands out in my mind was Judy Collins, "Colors of the Day."


My favorite song on the album was "Both Sides Now." Even as a kid,  the music and the words sounded magical. As I grew older and listened differently, I understood the song in new ways.

I thought of "Both Sides Now" as I prepared for today. A conference I have been looking forward to for weeks and a March snowstorm on the same day. I'm waiting to see what the predictions are. I don't want to be far from home if a lot of snow falls but I don't want to miss the opportunity to attend this literacy conference (LILAC) where I can see and here Pam Allyn, Kwame Alexander, and area educators who are presenting. 

Clouds, full of snow that should have fallen in January, are in my way. 
"So many things I would have done but clouds got in my way."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#SOL16 Lesson From Piper

A Working Mom's "I am" Poem #sol15 Day 16

#SOL16 Ditch the Dojo?