#SOL18 Day 24 My Red Pocketbook


A trip to Target
New pocketbook and sunglasses
My soul is restored. 

 My red pocketbook was jaunty and hopeful in September. My red pocketbook took me through the holidays. My red pocketbook accompanied me during scary and uncertain times. My red pocketbook carried file folder of medical papers and held books and toys to entertain my son while we waiting for procedures. My red pocketbook led me from one season of my life to another. 

I'm ready to put my red pocketbook away. Today I bought a new pocketbook with spring flowers. Time to look towards the sunshine. 
(I bought sunglasses too, because it's going to be sunshiney from here on out. Got it, Life?) 

Comments

  1. I love purses, wallets, bags of all kinds, so your reference to having a red pocketbook hooked me. I love how the bag served you well, and I learned a lot about you w/ this insightful post. Years ago I read a book called “Women Speak: The Eloquence of Womwn’s Lives.” The rhetoric of s red pocketbook echoes throughout the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to physically mark the new season of life. Out with the red, in with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's so surprising and amazing where we place symbolism in our lives, isn't it? The repetition of the red pocketbook is great, as it ironically slips into the archives of your life. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's so surprising and amazing where we place symbolism in our lives, isn't it? The repetition of the red pocketbook is great, as it ironically slips into the archives of your life. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm convinced. I'm pretty sure life heard to. Nothing like a little shopping therapy. Thought of you today as we decorated our house for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words mark the new purchase like a rite of passage; you used it well and I am thankful you are able to close a chapter in your life in the purchase of a new one. It makes me think of the turn and tattered orange wallet I went through this morning; I still can't bring myself to throw it away. You've inspired my slice today just when I needed inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes when we go through something hard, we just want to get rid of the clothes and things we used during that time. I think its great you got your flowered pocketbook and new sunglasses today! Hope all remains well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s interesting how the things we carry represent so much. You told so much is so few words. Hopeful now, go forth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#SOL16 Lesson From Piper

A Working Mom's "I am" Poem #sol15 Day 16

#SOL16 Ditch the Dojo?