Ready to Take a Chance Again! #sol15 Day 27




Yay for Friday! It's been a rough week and this is the slice I've been struggling to get in to keep my perfect record of slicing each day.  This week involved a class field trip, finishing report cards, my Grandma's 89th birthday and getting things ready for her party, my daughter's doctor's check-up, and... I think I broke my toe playing with son last night. But it's FRIDAY and I am having a night out with my mother and my sister.  We are going to dinner and then....to the BARRY MANILOW concert! We are "Fan-i-lows" and know his songs by heart.  I am looking forward to relaxing, laughing, chatting, singing and maybe dancing on my toes that are unbroken.  

Growing up, my dad was only man in the house and he would call it "sorority hour" when he would come up to his room to find my mom, my sister and me watching a movie together or a show.  My mom introduced us to all the classic movies and musicals were our favorite- "The Sound of Music", "Thoroughly Modern Millie", "Bye Bye Birdie", "The Wizard of Oz", "Annie", Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella."  A couple of summers ago, my sister and I treated our mom to brunch and the Broadway version of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella.  It was such a fun, memorable day out.  

Those days are far and few between now because we are so BUSY.  When we're together, which is often, the kids are there and we are usually tending to them and don't get much time to really talk and catch up.  I'm so excited to get that chance tonight to be together, revisiting "sorority hour" and singing along to a fantastic entertainer.  Have a great Friday night, my fellow slicers! 

Comments

  1. What a lovely post! I am a fellow "Fan-i-low", so sing extra loud for me! Enjoy your time with your "girls".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! I am a fellow "Fan-i-low", so sing extra loud for me! Enjoy your time with your "girls".

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great memory in the making. I can already tell you're going to have a joyful time. So good to be able to spend time with moms and sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#SOL16 Lesson From Piper

A Working Mom's "I am" Poem #sol15 Day 16

#SOL16 Ditch the Dojo?