Snow Day Bosses: A Poem #sol15 Day 6


They look so innocent here,but....



Snow Day Bosses

The last remnants of my patience
Scatter to the floor with the goldfish
she tosses gleefully from her pink chair.

They lay next to the crumbs
of crusted play-doh
Multicolored bits thrown earlier
Like little pieces of my sanity.

Frigid weather and constant snow
Leave my internal landscape
jagged and sharp, cold.

An endless storm of Caillou and Dora
and cries of "Mommy get this!"
Bottles, sippy cups, diapers, wipes
Upstairs, downstairs, up again, down again.

Snow days are no vacation at all
When your demanding, 
unreasonable bosses
Are 4 and 2 years old. 


Comments

  1. Believe it or not, you'll remember these days fondly when your innocent looking cherubs are grown! Thanks for sharing this slice of your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told so well through a poem!
    I remember those days! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed they are not! The image of a "jagged personal landscape" is one that many of us find after too many snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect! Do you know the book BOSS BABY? You need to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I remember those days - days which truly: "Leave my internal landscape
    jagged and sharp, cold." Hang i there - Spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these wonderful days! I especially love:

    "The last remnants of my patience
    Scatter to the floor with the goldfish
    she tosses gleefully from her pink chair.".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these wonderful days! I especially love:

    "The last remnants of my patience
    Scatter to the floor with the goldfish
    she tosses gleefully from her pink chair.".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, loved the image that others have already mentioned. I know how much you love them, so cabin fever must really be setting in! Mine were also about 2 years apart, and it was hard. Now they're 31 and 33 and I can barely remember those days. But love the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell me about it! And delay days are even worse..... but I know that one day I'll look back and smile through tears of missing it all... (I think... I've been told...)
    Well told through this poem! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I can imagine! Sounds messy and fun for everyone!

    - Andrew - Denver, CO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#SOL16 Lesson From Piper

A Working Mom's "I am" Poem #sol15 Day 16

#SOL16 Ditch the Dojo?